Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 29th-30th, 2011

So I guess I am getting lazy or busy because I am catching up on the past two days. On Friday we had a workshop with Professor David McArdle. He is a colleague of Dr. Batista and he works in London at a Sport University teaching Sport Law and things relating to that matter. He was one of the chillest and relaxed professors I have yet to have. He lectured for maybe 30 minutes and he used the rest of the day to let us do research and present information to each other rather than taking notes. I think we all came to a consensus that we enjoy this way of learning so much more.  Class finally ended at 4:30 and we headed home to get ready for an awesome night! Viktoria wanted to take us into Cologne for the night to go out and see the more “students of Cologne night life” instead of Bonn’s.

So around 9:30 we hopped on the train and headed to Cologne with a nice cold beer in our hand. Once we got there our first destination was a cocktail bar. Of course, being American we were super loud and stood out like sore thumbs but the drinks were delicious! Viktoria bought our first round and we all had a sex on the beach. After having a little more fun we found a Karaoke Bar! Let me just say that this was so much fun and the best bar! We sang Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, and Lion King just to name a few. Oh, and I think now I am obsessed with some German songs that other people karaoked.  I am going to have to do some research to find out what they were! After thoroughly enjoying that bar we headed to a disco club. I walked in and walked right back out. It was way too crowded for me and I was ready to get home. The others stayed and had a blast but I caught the train back since they only run every hour back to Bonn. The funny thing is, is that late at night the majority of people using the public transportation are drunken people. This calls for amusing rides. I got to see my Casey girl on Skype for the first time while I have been here when I got back and that was superb. Thanks Daddy!

Saturday morning, or should I say afternoon came too soon. We didn’t have to be to the train station until 1:40 but after staying up super late it was hard to get up. We all grabbed food and headed to the wine tasting to be followed by a wine festival! The wine tasting should maybe be called the wine walk. We started up the hill/mountain and tasted wine at our first winery. This was a sweet white wine. I loved it. Funny note: a testing here is a full glass of wine- you catch my drift. Anyways we then walked another mile probably and came to our second winery and I tried another white wine. The first one was my favorite but this one was still good. Then we hiked another mile or so and came to the third and last winery. It had a rose win so I tried it but it was very sweet so I handed mine off to let the others have it. Once we drank our wine we walked a little more and came to the wine festival. Here all three wineries sold bottles and glasses of wine and there was live music and lots of yummy German food. We found a place to sit and we listened to music drank so wine and ate some bratwursts. It was a great way to end the day. We eventually headed back into Bonn and grabbed some delicious Chinese food for dinner! For now it is time to catch up some much need sleep because there is no alarm clock set for tomorrow! WHOOP!




No comments:

Post a Comment