Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5th, 2011

So today was not as interesting as yesterday but we still were really special because we got to go to the Court of Arbitration for Professional Athletes in Europe. We actually had a presentation in the actual room and seats where the arbitration meetings actually occur. We learned exactly how the court works and the history of it. That was so interesting to me and we also went over an actual case they just did with swimmers. They deal with everything that has to deal with sports! The weather today wasn't as amazing, seeing as we walked outside to leave the court and it was drizzling. I did get to experience my first Chinese toilet since I have been here! It took me back to the China trip days! It was a public bathroom on the streets with two feet spots and a whole in the ground! So much fun!


For lunch, Michelle, Emily, and I went and had a nice sit down dinner. Want to know how much a pizza fries and water cost? It was 80 Frank for the 3 of us. We all got the same thing and each ended up paying like 27 Franks just for pizza, fries, and water- ay yi yi! I mean it was enjoyable so that was nice but I swear I would go BROKE if I lived here! I would need some high paying job otherwise. Following lunch I did some shopping for some loved ones and then the best part of the day came! We got on paddle boats on the lake and just paddled around some of us swam- I didn’t because it was freezing! We had so much fun just goofing off in the most relaxing scenery. Words can’t even explain how pretty it is here. The standard of living has to be so high just because of the view you wake up to every morning.



Tonight was the best meal in so long. Dr. Batista and Toure (our guide that came with us because Viktoria couldn’t) went to the grocery store and bought us food to cook out with! Trey did all of the grilling and Callie and Krista cooked Zucchini and mashed potatoes. We also had sausage, steak, and chicken. It was such a refreshing meal to have. I tell you what though- the women on this trip could organize and put on a mean party- we started cooking the food for 18 people at 6 and by 730 we had the entire place spotless. All of the plates were washed, tables wiped down, and everything put away. I was pretty impressed and proud! After dinner we had our “pre-hike” meeting and planned the rest of the weekend. We have to be up at 5:45 tomorrow to eat breakfast by 6:30 to leave by 7:00. Then we drive for a couple of hours to the start of our hiking spot and kick start the hike. We hike all day up the Eiger Mountain and then we stay in a Hotel at the top tomorrow night. Sunday we hike down all day then hop back on the bus at night to go to Munich. Can’t wait to see these amazing views and try to explain it all back to ya’ll!


No comments:

Post a Comment