Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3rd, 2011

Let me first start off by saying today is my best friend in the whole wide world’s birthday: MORGAN TAYLOR CRABTREE! She is officially 21 and ready to have some fun! Love you MT!


In other news, I am in Switzerland- safe and sound! We took a 7 hour train ride with one transfer. Not too bad at all since I had two seats to myself and got to curl up in a ball and catch up on the lack of sleep from last night. I also had a chance to catch up on the Bachelorette which made me less homesick as well. The train by far is my favorite way to travel. Even more than plane and DEFINITELY a bus. We spent a lot of the ride going down the side of the Rhine and it was gorgeous and we also passed through the Black Forest. It is so roomy and plenty of room for bags- unless you’re a magnificent over packer like me and in that case the boys take turns moving it for me when there is a step or anything. I think I am definitely going to be over weight on the way home- oops. I will have to say though I did impress everyone by getting all of the crap that I brought, plus the stuff I bought, back into my suitcase and bags. Muahaha.

The whole gang with all of our luggage at the train station!

It is beautiful here but we didn’t do much today since today was considered a travel day. We got to the hostile that was up a huge hill- yeah that was fun carrying a large suitcase, a back pack, and two duffels. I don’t know what I was thinking. The rooms are about half the size of my room at home and there are four to a room. So if we weren’t already sick of each other by the time we left Bonn we definitely will be when we leave here- haha. Other than that it is a nice little hostel. There is a pretty courtyard and the view is of the town but you can see the Alps in the distance. After showering and resting we grabbed dinner at a close Italian restaurant. I know they kept saying Switzerland as expensive but let me tell you my one plate of lasagna alone was 22 Franks which meant it was 30 dollars. Seriously? Yes. Welcome to starvation. No I won’t do that but I just couldn’t believe it. And on top of that I looked at the bloody mary price just for grins and it was 15 dollars. This will definitely be something I am going to have to get used to (one top of all of the French speaking- no more German). We walked around a bit and got some cash out for the next couple of days. I am excited to see what the rest of the week will bring!

The darn hill we had to hike up with all of our stuff!

Our balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment