Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Finale!

So long Germany, France, Czech Republic, Austria, and Switzerland and Hello AUSTIN, TEXAS!!!
I finally made it home and there hasn’t been a better feeling after being gone for 5 weeks. This trip was absolutely life changing and an amazing experience but home is definitely where the heart is. I am so ready to detox from schnitzel, beer, fries, doner, salami pizza, and paying for water.

These first couple of days home has been a little harder than expected. I want to go to sleep at 8:30 at night and wake up at 5. That I think has been the hardest. I also have no appetite. I think I am so sick of food that I just don’t want to eat so it’s really hard to find something I actually want. I made Jack go to the grocery store with me and I got all of the things I haven’t been able to have: cheetos, pickles, queso, wheat thins, and chipotle sauce. This was the best moment ever!

I went and saw Nana and Dede and they hooked it up with the Melatonin and that has helped me sleep the past two nights but I am still up and ready to start the day no later than 7:30. We will see how long this lasts.

I have reflected a lot being home with all that happened these past 5 weeks. I formed relationships with 15 people I could never have with anyone else. Some know me better than people I have known my whole college career. I have really learned how to appreciate every little thing every person has to offer in life. I also have realized that everyone doesn’t handle situations the same as me and that every person was not raised the same nor value that same things in life. All of these differences force you to accept each person for who they are despite their own quirks you may think they have. Each person has events and situations that form them to be who they are and that is who you have to accept them and not judge them for.

Needless to say, to each and every person that supported this trip: Thank you! I could not have done it without supportive friends and family and this experience has been one I will never forget!

Until my next trip, as the Germans say it, Chao Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment