Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8th, 2011


It’s Monday! I get on Facebook and everyone’s status’ back home are all about how dreadful Mondays are. Luckily I am in Europe and get to look forward to my last Monday here! Muahaha. You can guess what today started with: a two hour bus/van ride again! I am going to be a pro at transportation when I get home let me tell you. We made our way to the most famous castle in the world- or should I say second famous considering it is the castle that the Walt Disney castle is designed after: Neuschwanstein. But first we made a pit stop at Dr. Batista’s favorite church that is the middle of the nowhere. Wieskirche is the church and its translation means ‘Church in the Meadow’. There is a famous sculpture there that was said to have shed a tear and so people go there and pray to this sculpture-pretty interesting.



Neuschwanstein was very cool to see in person- maybe a little overrated but totally worth the pictures! It was almost as if we had driven to Asia though. The Asians were everywhere! This became the topic of discussion and Dr. Batista explained that Asia and the Middle East is where a lot of the world’s money is which makes them the basis of tourism around the world instead of Americans. It is sad to hear that- thanks Obama. Anyways we hiked up to the Castle- yes with all of our butts super sore for hiking down we did more hiking in the rain today. Oh joy! We got a guided tour of the castle which was only 30 minutes long. The people in there didn’t allow pictures but I snagged a pretty good one of a huge chandelier before getting yelled at. Dr. Batista scolded me and I told him I am not breaking the rules, just bending them! The picture is below. It is so hard for me to try and describe what I saw here because quite honestly it is impossible.




Back behind the castle, there is a bridge I think was built specifically to take pictures of the castle but it obviously wasn’t built by an Aggie because it was so freaking scary. We ran up to it to grab quick pictures and doing so, so man about 6’4” decides it would be funny to jump on it and shake it with about 100 people on it. I wanted to punch him. I ran off immediately. He laughed. I turned around and said you won’t be laughing when you kill 100 people. What a punk tourist.

It rained again on the hike down. I am beginning to really look forward to this drought back home. I know people might call me crazy, but it rains so much over here! We took yet another bus ride to Austria where we had lunch by this beautiful lake. I had fish for the first time here and totally forgot that they serve the fish whole. Everyone freaked but it just reminded me of China. Thanks for the practice Nana! I ate mine fine and even devoured the eye balls! Everyone screeched at that but I thought they actually tasted pretty good. (Yes Dede, I was adventurous!) We took another two hour bus ride back to Munich to relax, shop, and eat for the rest of the night! Tomorrow is our last day in Germany and I have now officially visited 5 countries during this trip! I can’t believe it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment