Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 21st-24th, 2011 CONTINUED...

Saturday morning was slow getting going as you all can imagine but once we finally all made it up and showered with some water in us we made our way across the most magnificent bridge with the most breath taking view (Picture below). The sky had cleared up and the weather was perfect! We found a place on the river for lunch and that was long and expensive but totally worth it. There were boats that would pass by every few minutes with little ducky’s in the water. It was definitely relaxing to say the least. We then made our way up the streets of Prague on the other side of the river to make it the castle that Prague is well-known for (Picture with guards is below). It took 1,000 years to build and was built around a cathedral- similar to the one in Cologne but just a little smaller. On the way down there was even more breath taking views that I couldn’t help but capture!






After the castle and cathedral, we broke into smaller groups. Callie, Allie, Kyle and I wanted to go to the Zoo which is apparently pretty cool but it cost more to get there than to get in so we decided to do some souvenir shopping and just walk around town it was such a nice and enjoyable day! Later we all decided to go back and take a nap- I know it seems like we slept our weekend away but it was also so nice to not be having to go, go, go like we do during the week and our nice apartment was so relaxing so it was hard to resist. Our nap time ended up turn into a gas fest because most of our stomachs I think were struggling with the rich food or something. Too much information? Haha. Anyways, I can’t forget to tell you about this super yummy traditional Czech pastry that was delicious. It was almost like a hollow cinnamon roll with sugar and brown sugar on the outside that they roast over these open fires. SUPER YUMMY! I think had about 3 or 4 while I was there all weekend.



Later that evening, 3 of the girls headed back to Prague on the bus and the rest of us went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. We had some delicious Pizza and grabbed some yummy snack and goodies to go back to the room and just have a fun bonding night. We stayed up laughing and giggling and carrying on and that made the trip all worthwhile. I think a lot of us just needed a chill relaxed weekend after all the chaos from Paris.

This morning, or Sunday morning, we all got up around 8 to start packing and cleaning up. We got the rooms back into order how we found them and grabbed a yummy Starbucks breakfast. I had a nice Carmel Frappacino Lite and a pastry. I had been missing my Starbucks and this was the first time I have had it since I have been abroad. It was a very homey feeling. We hopped on the subway to catch the bus to the airport and checked in with no problems! Then we went through security again with no problems until Kyle realized that his wallet was gone. He knew it was in his pocket on the subway but doesn’t know if it fell out of his pocket on the bus or in the airport or if someone pick-pocketed him. Either way he cancelled all of his cards and only lost about 15 dollars cash. And thank goodness they didn’t get his Passport! The plane ride went well except for the fact that I had these crazy guys sitting next to me who were determined to chat my ear off. Yes, I said chat MY ear off. I tried to give the hint by having my iPod in my ears but that did not work. The guys were nice and one was older. I couldn’t really figure out the relationship with all of them because they were all different ages but they were at least entertaining. We chatted about language and culture. They had a lot of good suggestions of restaurants and bars to go to in Cologne since one was from there and another was from Holland and told me on my one Sunday I get to go to a city that is between the Holland and Germany border. He was so persistent that I had to give him my email so he could send me all of the information. It was entertaining at first but by the end of the plane I was ready to get off. What made it even worse was that our entire group was scattered across the entire plane but everyone heard all of us talking the entire time. That’s how bad it was!

This is for you Uncle Richard- Angry Birds in the Subway in Prague!

In all, we made it home safely, grabbed some dinner in Bonn and now we are all relaxing and preparing for this week ahead. I think it will be lack of sleep and leaving a lot of us with hurting feet. We have jammed packed days everyday all day this week but it is our last full week in Bonn: such a scary thought! But for now I am going to get a good night rest to start this week off ahead! So ready to be back in the states but still loving this life changing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment